Cinnamon Rolls- THE FARM CHICKS in the Kitchen
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), softened
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Make the dough in a bread machine using the dough cycle.
- Form the rolls:
- Butter a jelly-roll pan. Once the dough has risen, punch it down; then transfer to a lightly floured surface and rollit into a 15- by 20-inch rectangel. Spread the remaining 1/4 cup butter evenly over the dough using a spatula and sprinkle wiht the borown sugar and cinnamon mixture. Starting a a 1 long side, roll up the dough jelly-roll style forming a log. Pinch the seam and ends to seal. Use a serrated knife to cut the log crosswise into 12 equal sections. Arrange the rolls about 1 -inch apart, spiral side up, in the prepared pan. Cover with parchment paper and a kitchen towel and let rise until doubled in size- about 1 hour. After 45 minutes, heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake the rolls. Once the rolls have risen, uncover them and bake until light golden brown- 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately invert onto a wire rack. Cool 10 m inutes. Turn the rolls right sid up. Spread with Cream Cheese Frosting and serve warm.
- Cream Cheese Icing: Beat 4 tablespoons softened butter with 2 tablespoons softened cream cheese in a medium sized mixing bowl with and electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract until well blended. Cover with plastic wrap until ready to use.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by txchapins and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cinnamon Rolls- THE FARM CHICKS in the Kitchen Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads