A few suggestions about the filling "leaking out" during baking: 1) add a few tablespoons flour to the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture 2) using a flour "shaker" or sifter, I lightly dust the margarine with flour before sprinkling with the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture, then again on top of the cinnamon mixture, before rolling up the dough.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/4 ounce(s) package dry yeast
- 1 cup(s) warm milk
- 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) margarine
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 cup(s) flour
- 1 cup(s) brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/3 cup(s) margarine softened
- 8 tablespoon(s) margarine
- 1 1/2 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1. For the rolls, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl.
- 2. Add sugar, margarine, salt, eggs and flour; mix well.
- 3. Knead the dough into a large ball, using your hands dusted lightly with flour.
- 4. Put in a bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- 5. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface, until it is approx 21-inches long by 16-inches wide.
- 6. It should be approx 1/4-inch thick.
- 7. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 8. To make filling, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- 9. Spread the softened margarine over the surgace of the dough, then sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon evenly over the surface.
- 10. Working carefully, from the long edge, roll the dough down to the bottom edge.
- 11. Cut the dough into 1 3/4-inch slices, and place in a lightly greased baking pan.
- 12. Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden borwn.
- 13. While the rolls are baking combine the icing ingredients.
- 14. Beat well with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- 15 When the rolls are done, spread generously with icing.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tjcavallucci and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cinnamon Rolls Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads