Cinnamon Roll Dough
- 1 (1/4-ounce) package rapid-rise yeast
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour, divided
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Combine yeast, sugar, salt, and 2 cups flour in large mixing bowl.
- Stir together shortening, butter, and 1 cup boiling water until melted. Cool to 120°-130°.
- Add butter mixture and lightly beaten egg to flour mixture, and beat at medium speed with a heavy-duty mixer 1 minute. Remove beater, and replace with dough hook attachment. Add remaining 1 1/2 cups flour, beating 3 to 5 minutes. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until dough is doubled in bulk.
- Punch down dough.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads