- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 2 ounces uncooked vermicelli, broken into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How to Make It
Melt butter in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add shallots, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Add rice and pasta; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in broth, salt, and cinnamon.
Bake, covered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Prep: 20 min., Bake: 25 min.