- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (1-pound) cinnamon-raisin bread loaf, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Whipped cream (optional)
How to Make It
Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in milk, cream, vanilla, and butter. Add bread cubes and pecans, stirring gently just until bread is moistened. Cover and chill 1 hour.
Pour bread mixture into a lightly greased 2 1/2-quart soufflé dish; cover with aluminum foil. Pour 1 cup water into a 6-quart round slow cooker; place a wire rack to fit cooker on bottom. Set soufflé dish on rack.
Cover and cook on HIGH 3 hours or until a sharp knife comes out clean. Cool slightly before serving. Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.
Test Kitchen Secret: To quickly make 1-inch bread cubes, stack bread slices and cut vertically into thirds; then cut crosswise into thirds.