Cinnamon Raisin bread
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 Loafs Bread
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups raisins (Marion suggest using 1 cup golden and 1 cup dark raisins if you have both)
- 3 cups all purpose flour, approximately
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Put the 1/2 cup warm water, the yeast and the teaspoon of sugar into the work bowl of a mixer. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add the next 7 ingredients (through the whole wheat flour) into the work bowl. Beat on medium high speed until the mixture is smooth. Add the raisins and the walnuts. Add 2 cups of the all purpose flour and mix. Continue to add flour a couple tablespoons at a time until you reach the consistency of a manageable dough (the dough should pull away from the sides of the mixing bowl, but should still be tacky to the touch). With the dough hook, knead the dough for roughly 15 seconds. Let the dough rest for a couple of minutes and then continue to knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic.
- Remove the dough from the work bowl and place in a large, oiled bowl. Shape the dough into a ball and cover with plastic wrap. Let the dough sit until doubled in volume, about an 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Divide the dough in half. Pat each half into an 8 1/2 by 4 inch rectangle, with the long side facing you. Beginning with the long side, roll the dough away from you until you have a log. Place each log into a well oiled 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch loaf pan and cover loosely. Let the dough rise in the pan for another 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle each loaf with rolled oats and bake in a 375 degree oven until well browned and cooked through, about 45 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JennVT and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cinnamon Raisin bread Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads