- 2 cups warm water (100° to 110°), divided
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 1/2 cups warm 1% low-fat milk (100° to 110°)
- 4.2 ounces sweet white sorghum flour (about 1 cup)
- 2.6 ounces white rice flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 2.3 ounces brown rice flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 2.1 ounces tapioca flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 1.8 ounces flaxseed meal (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Cooking spray
- calories 173
- fat 4.1 g
- satfat 1.3 g
- monofat 1 g
- polyfat 1.4 g
- protein 4.1 g
- carbohydrate 31.6 g
- fiber 2.6 g
- cholesterol 28 mg
- iron 0.8 mg
- sodium 95 mg
- calcium 45 mg
How to Make It
Combine 1 cup warm water and raisins in a medium bowl. Let stand 10 minutes or until raisins are plump; drain.
Dissolve yeast in 1 cup warm water and 1 1/2 cups warm milk in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
Weigh or lightly spoon flours and flaxseed meal into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Place flours, flaxseed meal, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, xanthan gum, and salt in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until combined. Add yeast mixture, butter, vinegar, honey, and eggs; beat until blended. Fold in raisins.
Combine 2 teaspoons cinnamon and brown sugar in a small bowl.
Spoon one-third of batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Top with half of cinnamon-sugar mixture. Repeat layers once. Spoon remaining one-third of batter over cinnamon-sugar mixture. Cover loosely with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour and 45 minutes or until dough is just above top of pan.
Preheat oven to 375°.
Bake at 375° for 55 minutes or until top is golden brown and bread sounds hollow when tapped. Cool completely in pan.