Holiday flavors reign with each buttery bite of Cinnamon-Orange Squares.
Southern Living DECEMBER 2012
1. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until smooth.
2. Stir together flour and next 5 ingredients. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
3. Divide dough in half; flatten each into a disk. Roll each disk to 1/4-inch thickness between 2 sheets of wax paper. Transfer dough, in wax paper, to a baking sheet; chill 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 350°. Working with 1 portion of dough at a time, remove top wax paper; cut with a 2-inch square cutter, rerolling dough scraps once. Place 1 inch apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
5. Stir together 1 Tbsp. sugar and 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon, and sprinkle mixture over cookies.
6. Bake at 350° for 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute; transfer to wire racks. Cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
Go to full version of