These buttery cookies, with splashes of orange and cinnamon flavors, are delicious! I didn't have a square cutter so I used round.
Holiday flavors reign with each buttery bite of Cinnamon-Orange Squares.
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 40 Minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Wax and parchment paper
- 1. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until smooth.
- 2. Stir together flour and next 5 ingredients. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
- 3. Divide dough in half; flatten each into a disk. Roll each disk to 1/4-inch thickness between 2 sheets of wax paper. Transfer dough, in wax paper, to a baking sheet; chill 1 hour.
- 4. Preheat oven to 350°. Working with 1 portion of dough at a time, remove top wax paper; cut with a 2-inch square cutter, rerolling dough scraps once. Place 1 inch apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 5. Stir together 1 Tbsp. sugar and 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon, and sprinkle mixture over cookies.
- 6. Bake at 350° for 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute; transfer to wire racks. Cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note