Yield: Makes 4 dozen
More From Southern Living
Bake: 10 Minutes
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- Unfold pastry sheets on a surface sprinkled with 2 tablespoons sugar; roll each sheet into a 16- x 12-inch rectangle.
- Combine egg and 1 tablespoon water; brush pastry sheets with half of mixture.
- Combine cinnamon, chopped pecans, and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar; sprinkle over pastry. Starting at each short end, roll pastry up tightly, jellyroll fashion, to meet in center. (The shape of the roll resembles a scroll.) Brush with remaining egg mixture. Cut each roll into 1/2-inch-thick slices; place 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until palmiers are golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts