Cinnamon Ice Cream
Prep: 10 minutes, Cook: 15 to 20 minutes.
Yield: Makes 1 quart
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 6 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Combine half-and-half and whipping cream in a stainless steel saucepan. Cook over medium heat just until mixture begins to boil.
- 2. Whisk together yolks and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Gradually whisk hot cream mixture into yolk mixture, and pour back into saucepan.
- 3. Cook over low heat (do not boil), stirring constantly, until custard begins to thicken and coats back of a spoon. Strain into a metal bowl; place bowl in an ice-water bath. Cool completely, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Pour mixture into freezer container of a 1.5-quart hand-turned or electric freezer. Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts