Cinnamon Grilled Plums With Pineapple-Rum Sauce
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 219
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 49mg
- Calcium: 113mg
- 1/2 cup canned or fresh pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large ripe plums, quartered and pitted
- 8 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 8 (1-inch-wide) lemon rind strips
- 2 pints vanilla low-fat ice cream or frozen yogurt
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 8 large chilled martini or wine glasses
- 1. Place pineapple juice in a heavy saucepan over high heat; bring to a boil, and cook until reduced by half (3-5 minutes).
- 2. Remove pan from heat and add rum. Return to heat, add sugar, butter, and cinnamon to juice mixture; boil 3-5 minutes or until thick, stirring well with a whisk. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- 3. Using a metal skewer, make a starter hole in the center of each plum quarter (from skin side to pit side). Skewer 2 plum quarters on each cinnamon stick, facing the same way, placing a strip of lemon rind between each plum quarter. (The recipe can be prepared several hours in advance up to this point.)
- 4. Set up your grill for direct grilling, and preheat grill to high. Clean and oil grate.
- 5. Arrange the plum kebabs on grate, and grill 3-5 minutes per side or until sizzling and golden, basting lightly with pineapple-rum sauce.
- 6. When the kebabs are nearly done, scoop the ice cream or frozen yogurt into glasses. Top each portion with a plum kebab; drizzle with remaining sauce, and garnish with grated lemon rind. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts