Awesome! I didn't have cream cheese so I used 2 extra eggs. This was amazing with the brown sugar cinnamon mix. It made it sooo moist!
Cinnamon Crisp-Topped Cream Cheese-Banana-Nut Bread
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour
Cool: 40 Minutes
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (1 1/4 pounds unpeeled bananas, about 4 medium)
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted pecans
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in bananas, pecans, and vanilla. Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 8- x 4-inch loafpans.
- Stir together brown sugar, 1/2 cup pecans, 1 tablespoon flour, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean and sides pull away from pan, shielding with aluminum foil last 15 minutes to prevent browning, if necessary. Cool bread in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool 30 minutes on wire racks before slicing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads