Cinnamon Biscuit Rolls
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; stir well. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups milk evenly over flour mixture, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 10 to l2 times.
- Roll dough out to a 1/4-inch thick 15- x 11-inch rectangle; brush with melted butter.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Roll up jellyroll fashion, beginning at long side; moisten edges with water to seal. Cut roll into twenty-two 1/2-inch slices; place slices, cut side down, on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until rolls are lightly browned.
- Combine powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons milk, beating well. Drizzle over warm rolls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This