Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5 cup(s) water
- 1 1/2 cup(s) rice wine or sake
- 3/4 cup(s) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) vegetable oil
- 2 pound(s) beef stew meat 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 8 green onions 1 inch pieces
- 6 clove(s) garlic crushed
- 1 stick(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 star anise
- 1 piece(s) ginger sliced
- 1 package(s) spinach chopped
- 4 cup(s) hot cooked wide lo mein noodles or vermicelli (about 8 oz)
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl, stir with whisk. Set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add half of the beef, browning on all sides. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and beef. Return beef to pan, add water mixture, onions, garlic, cinnamon, and ginger. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 hours or until beef is tender. Discard ginger slices, anise and cinnamon. Stir in spinach, cook 3 minutes or until wilted. Serve over noodles. (1 cup beef mixture and 1/2 cup noodles).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KarenCoe and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cinnamon-Beef Noodles Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes