This is really good! Breakfast can become a boring, predictable routine. I had some previously cooked bulgur and it took just a few short minutes to put this together. I didn't use Greek yogurt, but wish I had for that thicker consistency. I, too, added more walnuts. I bet kids would like this as well. Such a better alternative to sugary, kiddy cereals.
Cinnamon Banana Crunch Bowl
Mix up your oatmeal routine with bulgur in Cinnamon Banana Crunch Bowl. The results are a quick and easy breakfast of champions.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 255
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Fiber: 6.1g
- Sodium: 29mg
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cooked bulgur
- 1 tablespoon chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh banana slices
- Additional cinnamon (optional)
- Combine yogurt, honey, and a dash of cinnamon in a small bowl. Toss bulgur with walnuts and brown sugar. Top with banana slices. Dollop yogurt mixture over bulgur mixture. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note