Nice and tasty, if very sweet. Pairs very well with vanilla ice cream. Agree with the other reviews that the cooking time listed here is too long and can be reduced quite substantially, though that will depend on the power of the slow cooker used. I'd recommend checking every 30 minutes after the first hour and stop the cooking once the apples are tender but still retain just a bit of crunch
Nice and versatile, these sweet apples are delicious served over ice cream or pound cake but also taste great alone.
More From Oxmoor House
- 6 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries (we tested with Craisins)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Combine apples and lemon juice in a 4-quart slow cooker; toss well to coat. Add brown sugar and next 5 ingredients, combining well.
- Cover and cook on LOW 3 hours.
- Stir together water and cornstarch in a small bowl; stir into apples.
- Cover and cook on LOW 3 more hours or until apples are tender.
- Prep: 16 minutes, Cook: 6 hours
- Slow-Cooker Size: 4-quart
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note