Cinnamon Apple Turnovers
Preheat the oven to 400*. Thaw the puff pastry sheet at room temperature and unfold it.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 12x12" frozen puff pastry sheet
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and cut into small dices
- 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup(s) packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter, melted
- Cut the pastry into nine 4x4 inch squares and lay the squares on a sheet pan coated with cooking spray.
- Combine the diced apple, applesauce, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, nutmeg, and cornstarch in a bowl and stir to blend thoroughly.
- Spoon an equal amount of the apple mixture onto the enter of each pastry square. Fold one corner over to the other to make a triangle. Seal the edges with your fingers or use the tines of a fork.
- Arrange the turnovers so that there is about 1 inch between them on the sheet pan, and brush them with the melted butter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown. Serve warm.
- A light dusting of powdered sugar makes a nice finishing touch.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by patecoleman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note