- 1/2 cup apple juice or water
- 3 large tart apples, such as Granny Smith, peeled, sliced
- 1 pkg (18 oz each) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Reddi-wip® Original Whipped Light Cream
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°F. Bring apple juice to a boil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add apples; stir. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 3 to 4 minutes, or until apples are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Remove apples from skillet with slotted spoon; place in large bowl. Cool slightly. Discard liquid from skillet.
Cut dough into thin slices. Arrange on bottom and up side of greased and floured 9-inch pie plate. Press dough together to form solid crust; set aside. Combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Remove 2 tablespoons of the sugar mixture. Add to apples; toss to coat. Add lemon juice; mix lightly. Spoon into crust. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar mixture.
Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until top is set and crust is golden brown. Cool slightly on wire rack. Cut into 8 slices. Top each slice with a serving of Reddi-wip. Serve warm.