Cinnamon Apple Salad
More From Southern Living
Cool: 10 Minutes
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, quartered and cored
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 (8- to 10-oz.) package gourmet mixed salad greens, thoroughly washed
- 1/2 (4-oz.) package crumbled goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1. Cut apple quarters into 1/4-inch slices. Microwave slices, 2 tsp. water, and 1 tsp. cinnamon in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 minute, stirring once. Cool 10 minutes.
- 2. Whisk together vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt, and remaining 1 tsp. cinnamon until well combined. Add canola oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly.
- 3. Toss 1/2 cup vinaigrette with salad greens. Sprinkle salad evenly with goat cheese, walnuts, and apple mixture. Serve remaining vinaigrette with salad, if desired, or refrigerate up to 1 week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads