Cindy's Cheese Wafers
Yield: Makes about 6 1/2 dozen
More From Southern Living
Chill: 8 Hours
Bake: 16 Minutes
- 1 (10-oz.) block sharp Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Pecan halves
- 1. Beat cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer in a large bowl until blended. Add red pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and onion salt, beating just until blended. Gradually add flour, beating until mixture is blended and smooth.
- 2. Shape dough into 2 (10-inch-long) logs. Wrap each log in plastic wrap; chill at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours.
- 3. Cut logs into 1/4-inch-thick slices, and place on lightly greased baking sheets. Gently press 1 pecan half into center of each slice.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 14 to 16 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks, and let cool completely.
- Olive Cheese Bites: Omit pecan halves. Drain 1 (7 1/2-oz.) jar pimiento-stuffed olives on paper towels. Prepare cheese wafer dough as directed. Pinch off a 1-inch piece of dough. Wrap dough around 1 olive; roll in hands to form a ball, covering entire olive with dough, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining dough and olives. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Makes about 4 dozen. Prep: 15 min., Bake: 15 min. per batch.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note