Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) Olive oil
- 2 Medium onions Chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves(optional) Minced
- 2 pound(s) ground beef(lean)
- 4 cup(s) beef broth
- 1 can(s) Tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground allspice
- 3 tablespoon(s) Chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Cayenne
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) Flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) Water
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Ground gloves
- 2 tablespoon(s) Vinegar
- 1/2 ounce(s) Unsweetened chocolate
- In large covered sauce pan sweat onions and garlic over medium heat until soft and translucent. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add meat to pan, cook until done, break up clumps to assure meat is cooked thoroughly.Add onions, beef broth, tomato sauce and allspice, cook over low heat, barely simmering for 1/2 hour.
- Make a thin paste with the chili powder,cumin, flour and water. Add half of mixture into sauce pan, and depending on your taste add the rest of the mixture or to your taste.
- Add bay leaf, vinegar, ground cloves, chocolate and salt.
- cover and cook over low heat for at least 1 hour, or you can let simmer for up to three hours.
- Serve in bowls over spaghetti noodles and topped with onions,shredded cheddar cheese and oyster crackers.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by philtoe50 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cincinnati chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews