Loved it. Rinse? I forgot to rinse it! Came out perfectly.
Photo: Erin Kunkel; Styling: Nissa Quanstrom
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 168
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Protein: 4.7g
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Sodium: 259mg
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups jasmine rice, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 bunch cilantro, stem ends trimmed
- 1 qt. reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add rice and cook, stirring often, until starting to turn golden in spots, about 8 minutes. Stir in onion and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine garlic, cilantro, 2 cups broth, and the salt in a blender; whirl until smooth, about 2 minutes. Pour over rice and stir in remaining 2 cups broth.
- 3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until rice is tender to the bite and liquid has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note