I've used this multiple times, typically just as a sauce on the side and everyone I've made it for as loved it. I make it often now because it is so easy. I've served it with chicken, steak, different types of kabobs. Watch out how much garlic you put in, sometimes it can be a bit strong.
This pesto has a rougher, drier consistency than traditional ones. For a more saucy version, simply add more olive oil. Try it with grilled chicken, fish, or veggies.
This recipe goes with Mixed Grill With Cilantro Pesto
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1. Pulse first 6 ingredients in a food processor 10 times or just until chopped. Drizzle olive oil over mixture, and pulse 6 more times or until a coarse mixture forms. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note