Really good breakfast sausage! Full of spice and favor, without the fat. Execellent compliment to eggs. But also good for dinner.
Cilantro-Pear Turkey Breakfast Sausage
Making your own breakfast sausage is easier than you might think. Pear adds a subtle sweetness to this spiced breakfast side. Serve with eggs and fruit to complete the meal.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 192
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 27.1g
- Carbohydrate: 9.2g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 46mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 375mg
- Calcium: 18mg
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 3/4 cup diced unpeeled pear
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1. Combine first 10 ingredients in a medium bowl. Shape into 8 (1/2-inch-thick) patties. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 4 patties; cook 4 minutes. Turn patties over, and cook 3 minutes or until done. Remove patties from pan; drain on paper towels. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and remaining patties.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note