This is a delicious and easy week night meal. The cilantro and lime flavors go very nicely together with the shrimp and the beans make it very filling. It is pretty easy to put together, especially if all the chopping is done ahead of time. My husband loves this healthy dish (and it takes a lot for a healthy dish to win him over). The dish is one that I make over and over again because I enjoy it so much.
Cilantro-Lime Shrimp Tacos
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 453
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrate: 58g
- Fiber: 13g
- Cholesterol: 166mg
- Iron: 7mg
- Sodium: 772mg
- Calcium: 202mg
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and cooked
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1 medium diced peeled avocado
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup bottled salsa verde
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1/4 cups red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips (about 1 pepper)
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 1. Combine shrimp, beans, scallions, and avocado. Season with pepper. In a separate bowl, stir together the salsa, cilantro, and lime juice. Toss shrimp mixture with 1/4 cup salsa mixture.
- 2. Arrange tortillas on a microwave-safe plate in batches of 2. Place a damp paper towel over the tortillas and microwave at HIGH for 30 seconds.
- 3. Arrange 3–4 pepper strips in the center of each tortilla. Top with 1/2 cup of the shrimp-and-bean mixture. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of the salsa verde mixture over each taco. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes