Cilantro Lime Chickpea Salad
Community Recipe from
- 15 ounce(s) chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 cup(s) spinach
- 1/4 cup(s) sweet onion chopped finally
- 1.5 limes juice from those limes
- 3/4 cup(s) fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt and pepper
- 1. In a food processor, add the spinach and pulse a few times until chopped very small. Add the processed spinach, drained chickpeas, and chopped onion into a large bowl.
- 2. In the food processor (no need to rinse the bowl!), add the lime juice, cilantro, mustard, sugar, garlic, cumin, and oil. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- 3. Pour the dressing on top of the spinach chickpea mixture and stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let stand for about 10 minutes to let the flavours develop (optional- I didn’t!). Serve over a bed of grains, like brown rice. Serves 1-2.
- Note: The dressing has quite a bite to it, thanks to the lime and oil that I cut down, so please feel free to adjust the dressing to your taste buds preference! You may want more oil, less lime, etc.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Mansh1717 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cilantro Lime Chickpea Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads
More Recipes for Main Dishes