Good recipe that both my husband and children enjoyed. We made a few tweaks to it. First we marinated the chicken using a mesquite honey-lime Grill-Mates packet. We wrapped it in foil and refrigerated it for an hour. After the chicken had finished grilling, a few of us had went with the salsa and really enjoyed it, while our younger children opted for melted cheese on top which they loved. Everyone voted "yes!" To make this again.
Cilantro-Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa
A three-minute dip into a pungent cilantro-lime marinade is all that's needed to deliver big flavor to chicken breasts. Serve with saffron rice.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 289
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 35.6g
- Carbohydrate: 6.6g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 383mg
- Calcium: 29mg
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped plum tomato (about 2)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled and finely chopped
- 1. To prepare chicken, combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; toss and let stand 3 minutes. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- 2. To prepare salsa, combine tomato and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a medium bowl. Add avocado; stir gently to combine. Serve salsa over chicken.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note