i have made this guacamole many times. not only it is super simple (it is guacamole, after all), but the cilantro adds a tasty twist. i'm making it again for a potluck tonight!
While storing in the refrigerator, keep your guacamole from changing color by placing a layer of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the mixture.
More From Southern Living
Stand: 30 Minutes
- 5 ripe avocados
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 medium jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- 1. Cut avocados in half. Scoop pulp into a bowl, and mash with a potato masher or fork until slightly chunky. Stir in chopped fresh cilantro and next 5 ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap, allowing wrap to touch mixture, and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Serve guacamole with tortilla chips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note