Cilantro-Ginger Flank Steak With Edamame Rice
This recipe is also terrific made with chicken breasts or pork chops.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 (1-lb.) flank steak
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 lime
- 2 (8.5-oz.) pouches ready-to-serve basmati rice
- 2 cups fully cooked shelled frozen edamame, thawed
- 1. Preheat grill to 400° to 450° (high) heat. Stir together ginger, oil, and 2 Tbsp. cilantro in a small bowl. Rub cilantro mixture on steak. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. Grill steak, covered with grill lid, 6 to 7 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from grill; squeeze juice from lime over steak. Cover loosely with foil, and let stand 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions, and stir in edamame and remaining 4 Tbsp. cilantro. Cut steak across the grain into thin slices; serve over rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes