The first time I made this, I had no lime juice but I did have lemons, so I used lemon juice instead. It came out great! The grilled chicken went in tacos that night, of which way too many were eaten! We're having grilled chicken tonight & this recipe was special-requested :-) but since I have lime, I get to experience the actual recipe this time around & I can't wait. It came out so juicy & flavorfully seasoned last time...
Fresh cilantro, lime juice, honey, and garlic add zip to this simple, healthy grilled chicken main dish.
More From Sunset
Marinate: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 278
- Calories from fat: 15%
- Protein: 53g
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 3.5g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 293mg
- Cholesterol: 132mg
- 4 boned, skinned chicken breast halves (2 lb. total)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness (about 1/2 in.) and place in a shallow baking pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix lime juice, cilantro, garlic, honey, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pour over chicken and turn pieces to coat evenly. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- 3. Lay chicken on a grill over medium heat (you can hold your hand over the surface only 4 to 5 seconds) and cook, turning once, until no longer pink in the center, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note