Simple to make with just the right amount of spice. Great quick dinner.
Cilantro Burgers with Sriracha Mayo
Chopped cilantro flavors the beef, while whole sprigs take the place of the usual lettuce. Sriracha has rightfully become an all-purpose condiment--its sweet chile heat and its vinegar punch go well beyond burgers, perking up brothy soups, meat marinades, and dipping sauces.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 329
- Fat: 14.1g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 543mg
- Calcium: 85mg
- 1 pound 90% lean ground sirloin
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns
- 3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1/3 cup cilantro sprigs
- 1. Combine ground sirloin, chopped cilantro, salt, and pepper in a bowl; mix just until combined. Divide sirloin mixture into 4 equal portions, gently shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty (about 3 1/2 inches in diameter).
- 2. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; grill 4 minutes. Carefully turn patties; grill 4 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove patties from pan. Add buns, cut sides down, to pan; grill 1 minute or until toasted.
- 3. Combine mayonnaise and Sriracha in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture on bottom half of each bun; top each with 1 patty. Divide cilantro sprigs evenly among servings; top with top halves of buns.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This