Cider Vinegar Barbecue Sauce
This sauce is often referred to as Lexington Style Dip, but there are many variations. Most folks can't resist adding their own touch.
Yield: 2 cups
- 1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon browning and seasoning sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Stir together all ingredients in a medium saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 7 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Cover and chill sauce until ready to serve. Serve with Smoked Pork Shoulder.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Texas Pete Hot Sauce and Kitchen Bouquet Browning & Seasoning Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments