Finish you favorite autumn salad with Cider-Sorghum Vinaigrette. The concentrated flavor of an apple cider reduction, plus a shot of sorghum syrup, add rich complexity, not just sweetness, to the vinaigrette.
This recipe goes with Waldorf Cobb Salad
More From Southern Living
Total: 40 Minutes
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sorghum syrup
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1. Cook first 2 ingredients in a 3-qt. saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until cider is reduced to 1/4 cup. Remove from heat, and cool completely (about 20 minutes).
- 2. Transfer cider mixture to a bowl, discarding cinnamon stick. Whisk in vinegar and next 6 ingredients. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until smooth.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note