Excellent. I didn't have sage, so used tarragon and it was delicious. Plenty of sauce. We had some polenta cakes along side, but next time I'd make rice to soak up the sauce. I would definitely serve this for guests and it is very easy to prepare.
Cider and Sage Pork
A high-flavored sauce of sage, cream, sherry vinegar, Dijon mustard, and apple cider vinegar tops medallions of sauteed pork tenderloin. Serve Cider and Sage Pork for a casual dinner with friends or easy weeknight supper for the family.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 190
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 24.5g
- Carbohydrate: 4.9g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 79mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 436mg
- Calcium: 16mg
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 4 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- Fresh sage leaves (optional)
- 1. Cut pork crosswise into 12 pieces. Sprinkle both sides of pork evenly with salt and pepper. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove pork from pan; keep warm.
- 2. Add remaining oil, shallots, and chopped sage; cook 2 minutes. Stir in vinegar. Whisk broth, cider, mustard, and cornstarch. Add mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in cream. Serve with pork. Garnish with sage, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note