- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (1-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 4 Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup apple cider
How to Make It
Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; add chops. Seal and shake to coat. Remove chops, and set aside.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet; add chops, and cook 5 minutes on each side or until browned.
Grease a 13- x 9-inch baking dish with remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Place apples in bottom of dish; top with raisins, if desired, and sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange chops over brown sugar, and drizzle with apple cider.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until pork chops are done.