I paired this with boneless pork chops, it was great, just alittle sweetness from the cider compliments the dish.
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 1.5 pound(s) rutabaga 1/2 inch dice
- 3/4 cup(s) apple cider
- 2 large red skinned apples diced
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- Heat oil in large skillet in medium heat. Add onion and cook for 6 minutes. Add rutabaga adn cider, bring to boil, reduce to meidum-low and simmer, covered, until tender, about 25 minutes. Stir in apples, thyme, and nutmeg. Return to a simmer for 10 minutes
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ROBN4409 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cider-poached Rutabaga Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
More Recipes for Main Dishes