Cider Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 large)
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 large Braeburn apple, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- Pierce potatoes several times with a fork. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until very soft; cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, bring apple cider and chopped apple to a boil in a small saucepan; reduce heat, and simmer 12 to 15 minutes or until apple is very soft (apple may begin to lose its shape). Drain apple, reserving cooking liquid. Return liquid to saucepan; simmer over medium heat for 6 to 8 more minutes or until thickened to the consistency of syrup.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, and place in a large bowl. Discard shells. Add cooked apple to potatoes; mash with a potato masher until blended. Add butter and next 4 ingredients; continue mashing, adding reserved cooking liquid, until potatoes are desired texture. Serve hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables