Cider-Glazed Pork With Onions And Carrots
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3 ounces pork, 2/3 cup cooked mashed potatoes, and about 1 cup vegetables and sauce)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 392
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 28.7g
- Carbohydrate: 47.5g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 540mg
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fiber: 6.1g
- Calcium: 162mg
- 2 2/3 cups frozen mashed potatoes
- 1 1/3 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 3 medium onions, slivered (about 4 cups)
- 1 (16-ounce) package carrots, scraped and diagonally sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 1/4 cups apple cider
- Prepare mashed potatoes according to package directions, using 1 1/3 cups milk.
- Combine parsley, sage, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; set aside. Combine water and cornstarch in a bowl; stir well, and set aside.
- Trim fat from pork. Slice tenderloin crosswise into 1/2-inch slices, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness. Rub 2 tablespoons parsley mixture evenly over pork.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of pork slices, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer pork slices to a plate; cover tightly with foil. Repeat with remaining oil and pork slices.
- Add onion and carrot to skillet; cook 6 minutes, stirring often. Add cider and remaining parsley mixture. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Return pork to skillet. Cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until liquid reduces to a light syrup. Add reserved cornstarch mixture to pan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly. Serve over mashed potatoes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes