Cider-glazed Pork Loin Sandwich with Walnut Pesto
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 (2-pound) boneless pork loin
- 3/4 cup fresh apple cider
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot
- 3/4 cup (2 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 slices fresh whole-grain bread
- 1 head Bibb lettuce
- Heat vegetable oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add pork loin and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Bake pork loin in skillet, uncovered, at 375° for 10 minutes. Add cider and butter to skillet, basting pork with pan juices. Bake 45 more minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 150°. Cover with foil; let stand 10 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160°. Cut pork into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Reserve drippings in skillet.
- Process walnuts and next 6 ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides.
- Spread pesto evenly on 1 side of each bread slice. Layer 6 bread slices, pesto side up, with pork slices, reserved drippings, and lettuce. Top with remaining 6 bread slices, pesto side down.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This