Cider Glazed Onions
Transform pearl onions into a flavorful side dish by cooking them in a mixture of apple cider, cider vinegar, and sugar.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound pearl onions (red and white), peeled
- 1/4 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; add onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, 7 minutes or until soft. Add cider, vinegar, and sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves and onions are evenly coated. Add sea salt and pepper; reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 7 minutes or until liquid has reduced to a glaze. Add thyme, and stir. Sprinkle with additional sea salt, if desired, and serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This