Cider-Glazed Christmas Fruit
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 cup apple cider
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 3 Braeburn apples, unpeeled, if desired, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- Pour apple cider into a medium skillet. Cook over medium-high heat 14 minutes or until syrupy. Remove from heat, and stir in 2 Tbsp. butter and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in brown sugar. Add apple slices, tossing to coat. Sprinkle apples with granulated sugar, and cook, stirring often, 8 minutes or until apples are mostly tender. Transfer apples to a serving bowl using a slotted spoon.
- Add cranberries to buttery drippings in skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until cranberries begin to pop. Stir in apple cider reduction, and cook 1 minute. Pour cranberry mixture over apples in serving bowl, and fold in gently. Serve warm.
- Make Ahead: You can prepare Cider-Glazed Christmas Fruit up to 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate; reheat in microwave until warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch