One of my favorite recipes.I use a cup of cider instead of 1/2 cup. I'm going to try it with boneless pork chops. I made this for a diabetic, substituded sugar free hot apple cider found in the tea isle. This recipe is so simple, yet elegant.
Cider-Glazed Chicken with Dried Cranberries
Spoon the cranberries and the glaze left in the pan over the chicken. Serve with wild or white rice.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 269
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 39.6g
- Carbohydrate: 13.4g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 579mg
- Calcium: 21mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Combine first 3 ingredients in a zip-top plastic bag. Add the chicken to bag; seal and shake to coat.
- Melt butter in pan. Add chicken, and cook 4 minutes. Turn chicken over. Add cranberries and remaining ingredients; cook 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This