I thought this was fabulous. Easy, easy, easy. I've made it several times and each time I seem to be cooking it for less time. A little more crunch that way.
Photo: Brian Woodcock; Styling: Cindy Barr
A little sautéed onion, cider vinegar, and whole-grain mustard make Cider-Braised Cabbage a fast and delicious side to add to your weeknight meals.
Yield: Serves 6 (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 85
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Sodium: 237mg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups sliced onion
- 8 cups sliced green cabbage
- 1 cup hard cider or regular cider
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add canola oil; swirl to coat. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes. Add cabbage, cider, mustard, and salt, tossing to combine. Cook, covered, 5 minutes. Uncover and cook 8 minutes or until cabbage wilts, stirring occasionally. Stir in vinegar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This