Ci\hicken a La King
Community Recipe from
- 1 potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 in pieces
- 2 cup(s) unsalted chicken stock
- 2 cup(s) shredded or choped chicken or turkey
- 1 roasted carrots and parsnips recipe
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh or frozed peas
- 2 cup(s) fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) snipped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 8 slice(s) 1/2 oz whole wheat baaguette toasted
- In a saucepan cover potato with water. Bring to boiling, reduce heat. Simmer 10 min or until tender.
- In saucepan heat stock to boiling. Transfer to blender or food processor. Add cooled potato; blend 30 - 60 sec or until smooth. Return to saucepan. Heat over medium heat; simmer 3 - 5 min or until it resembles a thin gravy.
- Add chicken, roasted vegetables and peas. Bring to a simmer; cook 5 min. Stir in spinach, milk, thyme, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat through. Serve with baguette.
- Roasted carrots and parsnips: Preheat oven to 375. Peel and slice 6 - 8 carrots. Peel and cube 1 parsnip. Arrange in single layer on large baking sheet. Drizzle 2 tsp olive oil over vegetable. Roast 25 min or until golden and tender.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Alison Carroll and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes