Ci\hicken a La King
Community Recipe from
- 1 potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 in pieces
- 2 cup(s) unsalted chicken stock
- 2 cup(s) shredded or choped chicken or turkey
- 1 roasted carrots and parsnips recipe
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh or frozed peas
- 2 cup(s) fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) snipped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 8 slice(s) 1/2 oz whole wheat baaguette toasted
- In a saucepan cover potato with water. Bring to boiling, reduce heat. Simmer 10 min or until tender.
- In saucepan heat stock to boiling. Transfer to blender or food processor. Add cooled potato; blend 30 - 60 sec or until smooth. Return to saucepan. Heat over medium heat; simmer 3 - 5 min or until it resembles a thin gravy.
- Add chicken, roasted vegetables and peas. Bring to a simmer; cook 5 min. Stir in spinach, milk, thyme, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat through. Serve with baguette.
- Roasted carrots and parsnips: Preheat oven to 375. Peel and slice 6 - 8 carrots. Peel and cube 1 parsnip. Arrange in single layer on large baking sheet. Drizzle 2 tsp olive oil over vegetable. Roast 25 min or until golden and tender.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Alison Carroll and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note