Use regular or whole-wheat pocket bread as the foundation for an appetizer or snack that's ready in less than 15 minutes.
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 81
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Protein: 3.2g
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 130mg
- Cholesterol: 6.8mg
- 1/2 pound mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 4 pocket bread rounds (6 in. wide)
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss or fontina cheese
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chutney
- 1. In a food processor, mince mushrooms.
- 2. In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan, combine mushrooms and butter. Stir often over high heat until juices evaporate and mushrooms start to brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 3. Lay pocket bread rounds cupped side up on a baking sheet and scatter the mushroom mixture equally on top of them. Sprinkle each with about 3 tablespoons cheese.
- 4. Bake in a 400° oven until cheese melts and bread crisps, 5 to 7 minutes. Drizzle chutney over each pizza and cut each round into quarters.
- Nutritional analysis per piece.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers