Chutney-Glazed Cheese Pâtè
- 1 (8-ounce) block sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9-ounce) jar mango chutney
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Garnishes: cucumber peel, cranberries
- Stir together cheeses and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl until blended. Spread mixture evenly into a 4-cup shallow serving dish. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Spread chutney evenly over top of pâtè; sprinkle with green onions. Garnish, if desired.
- Chutney-and-Blue Cheese Pâtè : Substitute 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese and 1 (4-ounce) package blue cheese for sharp Cheddar cheese. Proceed with recipe as directed, substituting cranberry chutney for mango chutney, if desired. Leftovers are great on roast beef sandwiches or burgers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note