- 1 (8-ounce) block sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9-ounce) jar mango chutney
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Garnishes: cucumber peel, cranberries
How to Make It
Stir together cheeses and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl until blended. Spread mixture evenly into a 4-cup shallow serving dish. Cover and chill 8 hours.
Spread chutney evenly over top of pâtè; sprinkle with green onions. Garnish, if desired.
Chutney-and-Blue Cheese Pâtè : Substitute 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese and 1 (4-ounce) package blue cheese for sharp Cheddar cheese. Proceed with recipe as directed, substituting cranberry chutney for mango chutney, if desired. Leftovers are great on roast beef sandwiches or burgers.