If you love curry powder, feel free to add more. The exact size of your brioche molds may vary depending on the brand.
Southern Living FEBRUARY 2012
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake almonds in a single layer in a shallow pan 5 to 7 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through. Cool 20 minutes.
2. Whisk together mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken, next 2 ingredients, and toasted almonds, and toss until well blended. Cover and chill 2 to 24 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 450°. Cut piecrust into 8 (4 1/2-inch) rounds. Press each dough round into a lightly greased 3 1/2-inch brioche mold, pressing dough up sides. Fold dough over edge of molds, and pinch to secure. Arrange molds on a baking sheet.
4. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool pastry shells in molds on a wire rack 1 minute. Loosen shells from molds using a small knife; remove shells from molds to wire racks, and cool completely (about 20 minutes).
5. Fill cooled pastry shells with chicken salad just before serving.
Baked, unfilled pastry shells may be stored in an airtight container up to 3 days or frozen up to 6 months.
Go to full version of