Perfect for a luncheon.
Chutney Chicken Salad
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 725
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Protein: 31g
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated fat: 8.3g
- Carbohydrate: 93g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Sodium: 584mg
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried currants
- About 1/2 cup Major Grey or other fruit chutney
- 3/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt (regular or nonfat)
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 cups cooked basmati or other long-grain white rice, warm or cold
- 2 cups diced (1/2 in.) cooked boned, skinned chicken or turkey
- 3 to 4 cups butter lettuce leaves, rinsed and crisped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped roasted, salted almonds
- 1 cup thinly sliced or diced bananas
- About 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, rinsed and halved
- Hot sauce
- 1. In an 8- to 10-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, stir raisins until puffy, about 4 minutes (see notes); take care to avoid scorching. Pour into a small bowl.
- 2. With scissors, snip through 1/2 cup chutney to cut apart large pieces of fruit; scrape into a large bowl. Add sour cream, shallot, and curry powder; mix well. Add rice and chicken and mix well, adding salt to taste.
- 3. Line four wide, shallow bowls with lettuce leaves; mound chicken salad on lettuce and spread it out slightly.
- 4. Arrange raisins, almonds, bananas, and cilantro decoratively on chicken salad; set a lime half on the side of each salad. Serve with additional chutney, salt, and hot sauce to add to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note